Remember NJ Transit death victim Jesy Garcia, who was killed by a transit deadly bus driver

Remember NJ Transit death victim Jesy Garcia, who was killed by a transit deadly bus driver


NEWARK -- Irma Garcia said she had a "feeling in her stomach" about her 49-year-old mother, Jesy, after she woke up Friday and saw the news of a fatal NJ Transit bus crash in downtown Newark.
"I saw the accident [on the news] in the morning," the 29-year-old Garcia said. "I didn't really know what route or what bus she was taking, but I didn't really pay no mind."
"I just had a feeling in my stomach," Garcia added. "I kept thinking about my mother. I wasn't well since I woke up."
At 6 p.m. that night, about 12 hours after a NJ Transit bus T-boned another bus at Raymond Boulevard and Broad Street, her worst fears were confirmed when investigators showed up at her Elizabeth home and broke the awful news.
Her mom, Jesy Garcia, a passenger on the bus, had died at University Hospital.
The factory worker was identified by her cellphone and the Babies'R'Us membership card that she used to buy gifts for her grandchildren, Garcia said.
"I gave her one because she always buys toys for my kids," Irma Garcia said. "She had that one on her keychain."

Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

Some of the murder victims names killed by NJ Transit and Coach USA bus drivers and train engineers

Remembering 12-years-old Ashlyn Marie Ferriero who was killed by an NJ Transit train engineer

Remembering Coach USA Victim Adeline Derephonse, age 53, of Irvington, NJ who was killed by Coach USA deadly bus driver